About the job
Title: Content and Community Manager (EdTech)
Salary: 27k to £35k (dependent on experience), up to 7% matched pension, £500 personal development allowance, 23 days paid holiday
Hours: Permanent & 30 to 37.5 hours per week (4 or 5 day week considered)
Are you a super-bright, tech-savvy, professional with a strong knowledge of the SEND sector and with community creation experience? Are you looking for a meaningful role where you can really make a positive difference in a company with a strong social mission?
Would you like to work with a passionate, driven and super friendly start-up team with plans for significant growth?
If you are a fantastic content creator and passionate about building active engagement and communities within the Special Education Needs sector then please read on.
We are a multi-award-winning company that reimagines play and therapy for early years learners and people with additional needs. Our first product is Cosmo: a platform of interactive IoT devices, iPad applications and data analytics tools used in education and elderly care settings.
Cosmo helps train cognitive, communication and motor skills through interactive games and activities. The product is already in the marketplace and is being used by families, schools, care homes and therapy centers in 20 countries. The company is now entering its scale-up stage and is looking for a great all rounder to assist and support in our growth
Who You Are
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated community and marketing expert to help us achieve our vision of transforming the lives of those with additional needs. You’ll likely have experience in several marketing disciplines and will be keen to try new approaches to get our messages out to our target audiences. You’ll love words, creativity and analytics and have used all of those within our sector, most likely working with teachers, therapists, organisations and families.
- Build and execute a Cosmo community plan, working on outreach and engagement campaigns to build relationships with both families, professionals and organisations
- Generate both native and sourced content to help bring Cosmo to life across all of our customer facing touch points
- Grow and manage a Cosmo community through newsletters, events, social media and other initiatives
- Nurture and manage day-to-day communications with current and prospective customers and advocates
- Develop community and corporate partnerships to drive awareness and engagement
- Develop and manage assets for our Reseller community to use with their websites and marketing campaigns
- Maintain a marketing and content calendar, creating engaging content across our social media and digital channels
- Be the Cosmo presence and authority across key blogging sites and forums
To be successful in this role we believe you will need the following:
- At least 3 years experience in a relevant field
- Significant experience within SEND, working directly with families, professionals and organisations.
- Good working understanding of all relevant social media channels, blogs and forums (even better if you have your own presence and network already within the sector)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience of copywriting for different audiences
- Experience in building and growing an audience, improving engagement metrics
- Excellent interpersonal skills – confident, professional, engaging
- Self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure timescales and deadlines are met
- Previous experience in a tech start-up would be beneficial
- You’re passionate about inclusive education
Our culture is very important to us and positivity, excellence, and collaboration are essential. You will be part of a small and dynamic team, who are passionate about delivering quality and excellence, and being of real value in the world.