Setup for using the Cosmo switch as a Bluetooth controller
- Turn the Cosmo switch on in HID mode. Keep the power button at the bottom of the device pressed for 8 seconds, until the device starts blinking.
- Select the character you want to use. Press the power button once to change the colour of the Cosmoid and the respective character. The list of colours/characters can be found at the bottom of the page. Once you reach the character you want to use, keep the power button pressed for two (2) seconds. The Cosmo switch will turn off and turn back on automatically, in the colour/character you selected.
- Pair your device. In your device’s (computer, phone, tablet) Bluetooth settings selectCOSMO HID.####.### where ### is the serial number on the device and click “Pair”.
- Set up your app. Set up any settings for switch access within the app you will be using with your Cosmo switch.
- The Cosmo switch is now ready for use with your device and app.
- To use the Cosmo Cosmo switch with another (computer, phone, tablet) device, you will first need to un-pair them. To do that, go to your device’s (computer, phone, tablet) Bluetooth settings, select the Cosmo switch you want to un-pair using the Cosmo serial number on the switch and click “Unpair” or “Forget”(exact terminology depends on your operating system).
Note: If your app does not work with your selected HID character, try another character. If you cannot find which character works, contact your app developer to determine the keystrokes being used.
After 30-minutes of inactivity, the Cosmo Switch will go into sleep mode. To wake from sleep mode, activate the Cosmo switch by pressing its power button and wait approximately 7-seconds for the Cosmo Switch to re-pair with your device.
Colour/HID characters for using the Cosmo switch as a Bluetooth controller